Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Monique's Holiday Anxiety Survival Skills

Cast all your anxiety on Him because
He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 NIV
1. Don't hang on to expectations of how the holidays "should" be;
2. Remember that anticipatory anxiety is almost always worse than the actual event;
3. Look at the holidays as a time for personal growth and to experiment with your coping skills;
4. Practice mindfulness. Really look at the decorations and appreciate their beauty. Breathe in the scent of the pine or the food or even Aunt Mildred's perfume! Sing along with your favorite holiday tune. Savor the taste of that awesome dessert;
5. Talk to someone and focus on them intently. Really listen. How are they? Could they use a little encouragement? A little support? Be there for them;
6. Contamination OCD can be tough at the holidays with so many people wanting to hug us at get-togethers. Instead of focusing on the "germs," focus on the actual hug and how good it is to have a little human touch;
7. Remember that this time period will pass pretty quickly and before you know it, we'll be back to our regular routines;
8. Hang on to God with all your might - He will get you through this time if it is a difficult one for you; and
9. Lastly, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 NIV 
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be upon his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 NIV 

I have a little bit of a healthy
obsession with nutcrackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment