Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Clint & Joanie Malarchuk: Keynote Speakers-OCD Conference-Day 2-Post 2

I just sat through the keynote speech given by former NHL goalie, Clint Malarchuk and his extremely supportive and loving wife, Joanie. They shared their story of living with Clint's OCD, and his struggles with also living with the trauma of his nearly fatal on-ice injury (on live tv, no less!). It's an amazing story of triumph over incredible odds. Clint recently wrote a book and I've just ordered a copy and I really look forward to hearing his story in more depth.

2 comments:

  1. What is his book called? I've never heard of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of him either, C. But when he shared the story about his on-ice injury, my husband said, "Oh yeah, I remember that!" The book is called "A Matter of Inches: How I survived in the crease and beyond," by Clint Malarchuk with Dan Robson. I just got my copy in the mail yesterday and I'm looking forward to diving in.

      Delete