Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Friday, July 31, 2015

Some Of My Favorite People-OCD Conference-Day 1-Post 2

I walk through the hotel hallways and pass hundreds of people. Many of them are laughing and talking, rushing to and fro. I see almost no evidence of compulsions or any manifestation of OCD. Yet, I know better. These are people that have suffered. Terribly. I am working hard to stop from weeping at that thought as I sit here in Grand Ballroom B of the Westin Boston Waterfront, while waiting for the beginning of the next workshop. It is heartbreaking and simultaneously inspiring, because this group of people does not give up, even in the face of tremendous challenge. Many of them are here to learn, to grow, and to advocate on behalf of their fellow sufferers. And while OCD is grotesque, the spirit of the people that have gathered here this weekend is beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. It is so nice to see a post from you, Monique! I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and continue to do so. Sending you much love and many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, you are always so sweet and thoughtful! Thank you so much. Sending you love and hugs too, friend.

      Delete
  2. Somehow I missed all these wonderful posts about the conference, Sunny! You did a great job being an "IOCDF Correspondent." I had similar thoughts as you did, watching the throngs of people going to and fro. "Each one has a story," I thought, and I imagine each one is heartbreaking, heartwarming,and inspiring. What an amazing group of people! Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Conference is always a special time, isn't it?

      Thanks, I am well. Hope you are too!

      Delete