Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Monday, March 16, 2015

I'm Waiting

Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughtful comments on my previous post. It so warmed my heart and reminded me of God's love and care. I'm really struggling while I'm in this time period but I know God is working behind the scenes. And I just need to wait on Him to show me what to do and what decisions to make. There are Bible verses that talk about waiting on the Lord and I never really understood them, until it was explained to me what it meant to "wait" on the Lord. It's not a passive, hanging around until He does something. It's waiting - kind of like how a restaurant server waits upon customers - responding to and fulfilling their requests. We are to wait, as in serve, upon the Lord. So I'm desperately trying to do that right now. I'm not always very successful. I definitely don't always have the right attitude. And peace is mostly still eluding me. But I'm going to keep trying. Because I know that at just the right time, God will make His path for me known.

For several years I've loved the song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller. I find it no small coincidence that last evening, while I was really struggling with panic and depression, as we were channel surfing, we passed the movie "Fireproof" literally just as this beautiful song was beginning to play. Jim stopped and let it play out for me so I could be ministered by it. And the tears flowed. I know many of you are experiencing tough times now. Just last week, Tina, of "Bringing Along OCD" expressed similar struggles with waiting for things to happen. I'm hoping this might speak to her and to you too.



But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 KJV


9 comments:

  1. Dear Monique, the Scripture verse you are sharing is one of my favourites, and it speaks volumes. I think this is a difficult time for many people, post-Christmas usually is. Continuing prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you are right, Linda. Late winter is brutal. It's cold and gray and has been for a long time and it really wears on you emotionally. It really IS a great verse, isn't it? God's promise for strength if we cling to Him. Thanks once again for all of your support and prayers. Really means the world to me.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting this song. It's funny, but a friend of the family covered this song and I've listened to it on CD, but I didn't pay close attention to the words. They are comforting and a good reminder. Hang in there, Sunny, and I'll hang in there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do that all the time too, Tina! Sometimes like 20 years after I've first heard a song I will notice some of the lyrics and be totally shocked that I'd never noticed them before. Yes, we will hang in there together!

      Delete
  3. Thank you. Thank you for sharing. Sounds kind of lame, but i mean it. When i read about you and other mental health blog friends, i don't feel quite bad about struggling with depression and ocd. Not so alone, either. I feel like I'm in good company. And it is hard to see in myself, but i can see in you and others that good, caring, strong people struggle with depression and anxiety. I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Abigail. I can't tell you how your words gave me joy and comfort. Joy that anything I might say would be helpful to you and comfort in knowing that I am not alone in this battle. And that really does make all the difference, doesn't it? I really hope you are feeling better soon as well.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post, Sunny.....you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Janet, seeing that word "always" in your comment - what an incredible comfort and support that is. To know that someone out there is thinking of me and praying for me, well, it's hard to put it in to words. But I hope you know how I feel about you. Thank you.

      Delete