Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

It's Not About How We Feel

I wanted to share a post with you from a blogger named Jessica. She has truly great insight into her recovery process from OCD. Though I did not receive treatment at McLean Hospital, I could completely relate to what she said about finding her way back through the scary OCD forest. My absolute favorite part of her post is when she said, "At the end of the day it's not how you felt it's how you lived." (Emphasis mine.) Well said, Jessica. Very well said.

10 comments:

  1. I saw Jessica's post as well, Sunny, and was impressed with her bravery and courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunny! I've just been catching up on your journals and wanted to say first of all I love your new pupppy! He's adoreable. Af first, because i am reading backwards, i thot you had adopted a baby. I hope that Fender will do ok, now that he's flee free. I too have a fear of bug infestations- did some awfully long room disinfecting when we first moved to North bay because we had bugs in the house that i didn't recognize. The fact that i kept doors open for an hour while taking garbage out of the house and stuff wasn't a good reason for why suddenly i 'd find a weird bug under the couch. ERG. i'm glad those days are over. We now live in the country where bugs are normal all summer, and i don't freak out and say it's b/c i am a bad housekeeper.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too, Karin! Glad to see you are back! Fender is doing great now. Oh we love that little rascal so much!

      Delete
  3. Hi Monique,
    I just wanted to check in really quickly....how are you? Yesterday, I looked down at my phone and the weather said, "71 and sunny" and made me think of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha that's awesome, C, thanks! You are very sweet to ask. Hmmmm, well the honest answer is I'm not doing very well these days. And I've been meaning to write a post about it, so I think I shall. I really do hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  4. Hey! Checking in with you! How are you? (Not pressuring you to do a blog post if you don't wanna though! I haven't been much for blogging lately myself.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very kind of you to check in, Kristina. You and C really warmed my heart with your concern. Thank you so much. Actually I've been pressuring myself to post and I think I feel ready to write it all down. I hope things are good for you.

      Delete
  5. How's it going with the new puppy? Is Fender helping or causing more ocd problems? I got used to people touching the outside of my garbage can by letting the dogs' tails touch it and deciding not to wash them every time it happened. So sometimes they help with 'free' ocd erps. Sometimes they can be a pain in the butt, tho. I still have to convince myself that a plastic bag really does mean that my hands and arms are still clean when picking up after the dogs. :P

    Hope you're getting some nice warm spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Fender is such a sweetie! For the most part, he does not aggravate my OCD. It's funny, but I love animals so much, I'm usually able to get past the germ factor. Not always, but usually. And oh yes, he gives me lots of free ERP's!! Like my lip gloss rolled off the counter on to the floor and he "kindly" picked it up in his mouth and carried it for me ha!

      Nope no spring weather yet in New England. It's been a brutal winter. Lucky for me though, I'm in Florida visiting relatives and the weather has been perfection. But poor Jim. I left him back in New England and he texted me a few hours ago to tell me it was snowing again!

      Delete