Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

#GivingTuesday



In the United States, we have Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I participated in both. But now we have #GivingTuesday and I'm going to participate in that too. This is a day that was created to help balance out the highly materialistic aspect of the Christmas season. Giving Tuesday is about encouraging people to increase their charitable giving and to share a little about what causes they care about. I care about spreading the love of Jesus and I care about the pain that many people live with because of OCD. So today I'm donating to Missions of Hope International (an organization working to provide hope, education, vocational training, and the love of Christ to communities in Kenya) and to the International OCD Foundation. My donations are not big. But a lot of people giving a little bit can really add up!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Monique! I always avoid shopping on Black Friday, I find it sad that people get so violent to grab at the specials. Here in Montreal, the customers get in front of the stores as early as 4 a.m. so that they will be the first to get the deals, and once the store's doors open everybody pushes. I think it is great you are participating in giving, but then again, it doesn't surprise me, because I know you have a great heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with Missions of Hope, clicked on the link though. What a powerful verse they have on there at the bottom (Hebrews 1:1-2).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good reminder, Sunny. I kept seeing references to Giving Tuesday yesterday, but I was so slammed at work that I couldn't pay much attention. I try to make some donations during this time of year, too--the local food pantries, animal causes, the church, etc. They're small donations, but as you say, a lot of small ones make big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I'm a few days late in reading this as we returned from holiday abroad yesterday. I'm still adjusting to the time change :)

    ReplyDelete