Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Hello Everyone! I'd Like You To Meet . . .

Fender! Our 4 1/2 month old Maltese puppy! (We named him after Jim's favorite electric guitar - the Fender Stratocaster - tee hee. We like to call him our "rock 'n roll" puppy.)

Fender has been home with us since the last week of August, and I had planned on sharing this news with you a lot sooner - but oh is there a back story to all of this! And I will indeed tell you that story soon, but for now, we just wanted to say hello.

This is the day that we chose Fender. He was 8
weeks old. He would not come home for
another 2 weeks.

And . . . this is the day he came home!

His first car ride in his new car seat! (Yes, I am
that crazy dog lady with a car seat.)
He is 10 weeks in this picture.

I like to title this look "Sherlock Bones." All he needs is a little chapeau.

This picture is from approximately one month ago.

We already love him to pieces and he has become a treasured member of our family. Let's just say that he has VERY devoted "dog grandparents" ha! He can absolutely be a little rascal (think: the dog ate my homework) but he is also a sweet cuddle bug and we are very thankful for having him in our lives.

18 comments:

  1. Aw, he is cute! Waiting for that backstory though... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, let's just say that I had my worst OCD trigger since I completed CBT/ERP. NOT fun. But, I got through it, thankfully.

      Delete
  2. He is a doll baby!! And he looks quite pleased with his new home. So love his little outfit. Congrats on your new family member!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww....how adorable, Monique! And I love the photo of you with him, you look radiant! :) Thanks so much for the belated birthday wishes, it really means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!

      Fender does bring us lots of joy, hence the happy face!

      Delete
  4. Oh, what an adorable little puffball!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how those pictures melted my heart! I'm sure he fills your heart with happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so cute, he almost doesn't look real :) Enjoy the cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he's just scrumptious and I could cuddle him all day!

      Delete
  7. He is cute and you look precious! I'm curious to hear the back story too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.s. --any tips on how to get pictures to upload on blogger? I'm having trouble with trying to get mine to not be a big white square...and also how you got your copyright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, well, I can only upload photos from my laptop or a desktop. I find that I can't do it from a tablet or a smartphone, whether I'm using the Blogger app or the full desktop version of blogger. Could that be your issue? As far as the copyright, I didn't file for an official one, but I have read that if you put copyright notices on your work, that it shows an intent to copyright and that you may be able to use it to your advantage should someone attempt to steal your work.

      Delete