Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

OCD Awareness Week, Day 2

Today, my mom, Nicky, and I went to the Massachusetts State House for an OCD Awareness luncheon.

You know, if a person doesn't know what is wrong with them, it's awfully hard to get proper treatment. That's why awareness is so important. It was exciting to hear that the IOCDF is working with the Massachusetts State Legislature to increase awareness of OCD and access to treatment. And this is how the barriers to recovery get removed. One little piece at a time.

1) My Mom and I, 2) The MA State House,
3) Jeff Szymanski, PhD, Executive Director, IOCDF,
& 4) my new OCD MA awareness t-shirt

13 comments:

  1. I love the collage! You look radiant, Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I agree with LInda, you look radiant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was probably all the sweat! It was SO humid. Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. That is awesome that things are being done on the state level to raise awareness. Such a good photo of you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually pretty impressed when I heard that!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures, Sunny, and I'd love to hear more about the event. I had a work conflict so never planned on going, but have been wondering about the turnout........so glad you were able to be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually surprised to see how many treatment providers were there. That was really great.

      Maybe you can make it to next year's event!

      Delete
  5. You look sweaty! Ha ha. You don't, but I thought since you said it was the sweat... ;) Anyway, it's great that you are out there, living your life and doing something that is meaningful to you. Seems like once you decided to reveal who you are, you have been putting yourself out there and advocating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, it WAS really humid that day! Yeah, it's weird, once I let my identity be known, well, I pretty much stopped caring what others thought and figured, oh well, I might as well just really get out there. I've always been an all or nothing kind of girl - might as well be that way with advocacy too! Glad to hear from you Kristina. Hope you are well.

      Delete
  6. Todd, I just saw your comment to me from last week. I'm sorry I missed it earlier. You can get better from OCD. Truly. Have you ever tried erp therapy? Or read any good books on treating OCD? It's not hopeless. If you feel like you need extra support immediately, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room right away. Please don't continue to suffer alone. There is help available. You just need to reach out for it, ok? You can do it.

    ReplyDelete