Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Monday, October 13, 2014

OCD Awareness Week, Day 1

Hey everyone! It's OCD Awareness Week and I'm going to post just a little tidbit every day this week in honor of this auspicious occasion. #OCDweek

Taken from today's The Telegraph:

"OCD is the poor cousin of mental health in that people tend to joke about it and trivialize the suffering of those living with it, says Ashley Fulwood, Chief Executive of OCD-UK. "But it is a serious illness and it can lead to tragic consequences."


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Monique. I don't know why people feel the need to make light of (or to make fun of) any mental illness! Sending you a warm hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, it perplexes me. The only thing I can come up with is that the media has made it seem like a quirky thing, and people just think it is the truth? Hugs to you too my friend.

      Delete
  2. Very well said!! I wish everyone would come to realize this.

    ReplyDelete