Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Relapse

I have been gone from the blog for weeks and it is due to some difficult circumstances in my life at the moment. I will be fine. But the OCD is really flaring right now because of the stress and I am overwhelmed and exhausted. Lots of tears have been (and continue to be) shed. My husband is pretty exhausted too, and of course, this causes me to obsess over the state of his health, which just adds to the entire mess. But don't worry. I really will be ok. Eventually. And I will fill you in on the details at some point in the near future. Honestly, I'm just so sick of the entire situation that I can't talk about it right now. And I know my situation would probably be not that big of a deal for most people. It is for me, because it pushes all of my OCD triggers.

I know that many OCD sufferers get particularly discouraged about relapses. Mostly, I'm ok with it, because I know in my heart it is temporary. I also know that it is probably a normal part of life for most of us who struggle(d) with severe anxiety disorders. I don't think it is realistic to never expect a relapse of some sort.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I have most definitely not forgotten about you all. I just need a little equilibrium to return to my life before I can return to any kind of semi-normal posting schedule. If you are the praying type, I sure wouldn't refuse a few extra prayers! Be well my friends.

13 comments:

  1. Oh no! I will pray for you, Monique. I'm sorry you're having a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're going through a rough time, Sunny. Certainly I will be thinking and praying for you. Relapses happen and I believe they make us stronger when we come out on the other end. Sending you hugs, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique, I am so sorry you are going through this! Please know that you are in my prayers and I am glad you have shared this, because I have missed you. Sending you much love and many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for you, dear Monique. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you! I believe in you! Hold on and you will get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consider it done (the prayers). I was wondering how you were. Don't feel discouraged...Satan always attacks the weak flank, and we all have one, though they're different from other people's. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in my thoughts and prayers, Sunny. And you are right. You will get through this. Take your time. We will be here when you are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will keep you in my prayers, my friend. Setbacks are so discouraging. You are such a strong woman though, and I believe too that you will get through this stronger on the other side. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot begin to tell you all how much I appreciate your concern and your prayers. Truly, it means the world to me. Never in my life did I think I would ever develop real relationships online, but there you have it. Your support is such an incredible blessing.

    Jen, I'm sorry you are struggling now too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete