Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Sunday, September 28, 2014

A New Must Read

Since I started my own blog almost 3 years ago, I've been following another blogger, Janet Singer, of ocdtalk. It is one of my absolutely all time favorite blogs, for a few reasons. First, Janet doesn't even have OCD herself. She is an advocate on behalf of her son (who went through a terrible struggle with OCD, but post-treatment, is now doing well) and other OCD sufferers. Second, her blog is always chock-full of legitimately good, scientifically backed, helpful information. Third, she poses thoughtful questions about the subject matter when answers do not seem obvious and forthcoming. I met Janet in person at the International OCD Foundation's Annual Conference a few years back, and she is just as lovely in real life as I expected her to be based upon her writing. Therefore, when Janet announced that she was writing a book with Clinical Psychologist Seth J. Gillihan, Ph.D., I just knew it was going to be a must read for me. I suspect it will be a must read for anyone else looking to find helpful resources and inspiration when it comes to battling this terrifying mental illness.

So it is with great pleasure that I can say that it is now possible to place a pre-order on her book! The best part? Use code 4S15OCDBK to save 30%! I am placing my order today, and will anxiously anticipate its publication in January.

If you would like to help share this resource with your community, you can call your local librarian and request that he/she order the book. Many local libraries will gladly order requested books. I plan to do this myself.

Congratulations, Janet! I'm so proud of you, friend.

Update: You can also pre-order the book at Amazon. The discount code I previously mentioned will not work at Amazon, however.

6 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about Janet's book, too! I can't wait to read it. I plan to talk with my librarian. I know the book is going to be a help to so many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! And I love, love, love that it's coming from a non-OCD sufferer. There is just so little first-person info on the subject from that viewpoint.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful book! I had no idea that you could request books through the library like that. Thank you for the book recommendation, I'm sure it will be a huge help to many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that neat that you can request it through your library? I'm sure they don't fulfill all requests, but it certainly can't hurt to ask!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I am overwhelmed and am at a loss for words, Sunny (and a little teary-eyed too). Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement, not just in this beautiful post, but over the last few years. I am truly honored to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally my pleasure, Janet! I feel the same way about you. And i meant every word I said. I truly believe the book will be a great resource for hurting people, and I want to do what I can to help get the word out.

      Delete