Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Scrupulosity And My Friend

I'm so excited for my fellow blogging friend, Tina! She was interviewed for an article on CNN.com about Scrupulosity. You can imagine my shock when reading the article and seeing her name and picture along with it!

Aside from being happy for my friend, I'm also pleased that more awareness and education is being spread about this very painful form of OCD.

11 comments:

  1. I am as well, Monique! I did read the article, it was a great one, too! Just for a laugh, and I hope I don't offend yourself or anyone else who struggles with OCD, but I saw something on Facebook today that was really cute. It is on a page called Sweet Pups. It is an image of many dogs, and the caption says, "I have O.C.D. Obsessive Canine Disorder." I thought it was cute. :) I hope your week is a great one, dear Monique. Sending you a warm hug and much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, hugs back at ya, sweet Linda!

      We are actually thinking that our next pet may be a little dog. Very sadly, our little Anna is really getting up in age. She has been with us for 16 years. Ugh the idea of our house all empty without our little kitty girl is so sad to me. It would be awesome if she could be around for another year or two, but her health is starting to fail. We have found that having an animal to love is such an incredible blessing. But who knows, maybe (hopefully) she has more time left in her!

      Delete
  2. I'm on my way to read the article... How great that she had this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was! I was so shocked when I read her name!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this, Sunny! I hope others will read about this type of OCD and know they are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a nice surprise for me too, Sunny, to read the article and........there was Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pastor friend sent me the link and said he thought I might be interested in reading this article. I was surprised to see Tina, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How thoughtful of your friend to bring that article to your attention. It's always nice to realize that someone is thinking about you. By the way, I think about you a lot, Shirkey!

      Delete
    2. Oh brother! Did your name get auto-corrected to say Shirkey??!!
      Ha! Sorry about that Shirley!

      Delete