Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pictures From The Walk


On your marks . . .
The 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk that took place on June 7th was great fun! What freedom to be able to walk around openly with my family and talk about OCD without any feeling of embarrassment or stigma. I wish that for everyone suffering from mental illness.

The walk took place around the
beautiful Jamaica Pond in Boston.
It was a picture perfect day.
A sea of neon green.

Me, Jim, and Mom & Dad. My son was there
too - he took the pic. I have an
AWESOME supportive family!
My biggest supporter.
Mon amour.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, Monique. You look great, and I love the boat house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! Yes, the boat house was beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Great photos, Sunny! And how wonderful that your family was there to support you.

    You look so much like your mom. Two pretty ladies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics, especially the one of you and Jim :). Couldn't have asked for a nicer day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an absolutely perfect day for the walk, Janet!

      Delete
  4. These pictures of Jamaica Pond in Boston are beautifully taken. On the other day I was reading a post on ocd funny pictures and was looking for useful information from that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I had ever been to Jamaica Pond and I was really impressed with how beautiful it was.

      Delete