Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fear = Lies

Recently, Jon Acuff, a witty and often funny, Christian writer and blogger, posted this on his Facebook page:

The number of people who have their lives perfectly figured out = "The entire population of the planet minus me." A lie fear tells me often.

I love this, because if you read a lot of Jon's stuff, it's easy to think he has it all together. Yet, very often, he will whip up little gems like this about fear. Looks can be quite deceiving, can't they?

8 comments:

  1. Looks can indeed be deceiving, Monique! Hope your weekend was great and that your new week will be even better! You look lovely in this photo with the scarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh YES. My brain tells me this constantly. I cannot tell you how much I needed this today, friend! And I agree, you look fantastic in the new photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true.........I think everyone thinks that way at least sometimes. I know I do! The whole world has it together except me! I love your new picture, too, Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really good quote! We've just returned from a visit to Northern Ireland. I'm spending today catching up with my blogging friends and with our laundry. I hope you are well!
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh Northern Ireland! Always wanted to go. Can't wait to see your lovely pictures from your trip!

      Delete