Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Time To Lace Those Sneakers!

I posted this on my Facebook account last evening.


I debated about whether I should post this here as well. But, when it comes down to it, I want to spread awareness, help end stigma, and raise funds to bring hope to others, so, here it is! If you'd like to support the 5K financially, there is a link below, and that would be great. If you'd like to support the 5K with prayer, that would be great too! If you feel led to participate, then have at it! I figured that I would mention this in case someone is interested.

Oh, and if you are wondering, I made references only to the U.S. in my Facebook post, but it is just because my FB friends and family are all American. The 5K is to raise funds for the International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation.

The best part is that my husband, son, and parents have all agreed to walk with me! I'm so incredibly blessed to have such a supportive family.


6 comments:

  1. This is great, Monique, thank you so much for sharing this and for spreading awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying, Linda! Thank you for your consistent encouragement! It really means the world to me!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I would call that a supportive family! Thanks for all you do for those who suffer from OCD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I KNOW, it's awesome, isn't it??!! I so wish everyone had the family support that I do. It makes such an incredible difference.

      Delete
  3. If I lived there, I would walk beside you too! What a wonderful walk it will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, and I would love to have you join me! It would be so awesome to meet you in person!

      Delete