Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Thursday, February 27, 2014

In It To End It - End Human Slavery

There are a few things in this world that really cut me to the core. One of them is watching others suffer with anxiety disorders. One of the others, is knowing that there are twenty-seven MILLION, yes MILLION, men, women, and children being held in slavery. Today. Right now. This very minute. Maybe even next door. It is a blight on humanity and it must be ended. And similarly to putting an end to mental illness stigma, we must educate the world on what is going on all around us, to even begin to wipe this horrible crime off the face of the earth.
Red X on my hand to draw
attention to the cause.

I'm in it to end it.

#ENDITMOVEMENT

http://enditmovement.com/

14 comments:

  1. Good on you, Monique! It's sad that this still exists in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS heartbreaking. I'm glad to see though that there are organizations trying to address these issues now.

      Delete
  2. This is the first I've heard of this cause, but I totally agree with what you said here...I don't think I should draw an X on my hands...the way OCD has been going lately it wouldn't last very long...and with my luck I would decide the pen I used was contaminated in some way and pour cleaners on the X to make sure I wasn't going to get sick from the pen I used to draw it...it's been a rough month...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you about the cleaner, VA. Thanks for the post Monique. I know the youth group at my church is doing a project to try to raise $5000 to save one person...not sure how the details work but what an amazing impact that would make.

      Delete
    2. Hey VA! Welcome! Well, then I would say that this campaign helped because now someone else is aware of this issue.

      So you've had a pretty rough month, huh? What's been going on?

      I've visited your blog and read about Years 1, 2, & 3 on counseling. It's pretty amazing how you've pushed through your challenges to continue in school. Very impressive.

      Delete
    3. Hello C! Wow- that's incredible what your church youth group is doing. That could really change the course of someone's life. If every church did a little bit, that could make a large dent in the problem.

      Delete
    4. Well I stayed overnight with one of my friends on the 5th and she woke up vomiting in the morning and didn't make it to the bathroom in time and threw up right next to the pile of all my stuff...just finding out someone is sick is a huge OCD trigger for me...I completely stopped eating and drinking after that. I have been fighting and am mostly eating/drinking/functioning in life now, but it was pretty bad for a while...and besides just general issues with spending too much time back and forth to the sink and hand sanitizer for hours getting nothing done and when at least sort of studying being more focused on the contamination than on studying, it was great fun to try to stand up to work on labs without having eaten or drank anything...after I started writing apologies on my papers though about what was going on the teachers started taking off fewer points for labels not perfectly straight...so that was nice...

      Haha yeah, so anyway, you're probably familiar with how after a really bad event being a lot more sensitized to smaller events, so things that I usually have pretty much already beaten push me into a lot more crisis than they should right now.

      Delete
    5. Oh yes, we all have things that really push our buttons when it comes to OCD. I also fear sick people, but in my case it is because my husband is on immune weakening medications for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and a flu could be deadly to him.

      You have very clearly worked really hard to make the progress that you have. Really good for you!

      I'm really glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. This scenario still exists and will be prevalent for years and years. It cannot be knocked out completely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I must agree with you. But we can still make a difference in the lives of many by working hard to defeat it. Every soul that gets rescued from this inhumanity is worth all the efforts put towards this cause.

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. What an important cause.....thanks for bringing our attention to it.

    ReplyDelete