Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Public Mask


6 comments:

  1. Sunny, What a fantastic video post! It makes so much sense to me that you would be more relatable to to others by just being yourself rather than being "perfect." I think in general people feel most comfortable around others who they perceive as "real" (not putting up a front, or a mask, as you say), and "perfect" certainly is not real. I hope those who struggle with perfectionism take your advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's definitely made a huge difference in my life, Janet, and if my experiences can help someone else improve their relationships, then I'm thrilled!

      Delete
  2. It was good to see your face again! Watching one of your videos, I thought you look like someone I'd like to know/be friends with (in person!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Kristina, you are SO sweet! I'd sure love to know you in person too! Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful video, Sunny! I could relate so well with the idea of having masks that we wear in public. I have let go of some of my perfectionism, but I still have worry about how I'm perceived, how I measure up with others, etc. It's good to know that as you have let go of your public masks, your relationships have improved.

    Good to see you as always! Sorry I'm behind in reading this. I haven't had the computer on since Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no need to apologize for just getting to this now, Tina!

      You know, it's ironic, because just today I had an OCD meltdown because I feared what someone thought of me! Sigh. BUT, this type of meltdown is a somewhat rare occurrence these days (happens just often enough to remind me that OCD is not totally done with me) and it doesn't last nearly as long as it used to. Definite progress.

      Delete