Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Mental Illness Awareness Week

It's Mental Illness Awareness Week.

Sometimes, I feel like I have to do something grand to help fight the stigma and bring attention to what constitutes good mental health treatment. However, I'm just going to change my Facebook cover photo to this picture for the coming week. Yep. Just a little thing. But your little thing, with my little thing, with his little thing, and her little thing, well . . . then it's not so little anymore!

God bless my friends!





10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, thank you, as I found out about this through your post!

      Delete
  2. So true, Sunny. If we each do our own small part, it adds up to something big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps it may be a little thing to you, dear Sunny, but it is a big thing to many...and certainly much better than nothing. Thank you so much for sharing. By the way, I just love your photo on the right hand column with the blue scarf. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Linda! Thanks for being so supportive.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, JBR! Blessings to you too.

      Delete
  5. You are so brave to do that.
    Your new picture is beautiful! You look so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete