Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How Many Fears Do We Actually Have?



I first heard of John Acuff through his blog, "Stuff Christians Like." He's a witty guy who lovingly pokes fun at his fellow Christians as a way to challenge us to be more authentic followers of Jesus. More than once I've giggled at something he has said while simultaneously realizing that, "Oh wow, I do that too! Maybe I need to rethink that . . ."

I also follow John on Facebook. Ironically, lately he's been posting things having to do with fear. A couple of his posts actually hit the nail on the head when it comes to anxiety and OCD. Thought I'd share one with you.

8 comments:

  1. I would have to agree. I might even be able to boil it all down to one or two. I'd have to think about it a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jon Acuff! SCL is hilarious, and his book Quitter was excellent. He spoke at my university this past fall and was sooooo good-- funny AND poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to be able to laugh at oneself! I think humour is very good for the soul, it keeps us happy and helps to break fears and stress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I like that. Yes, my fears probably can be boiled down to just a few. Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How true...it's interesting how the same fear can manifest itself in so many different ways. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys! I'm so sorry it took me so long to respond to all of you. It's been one of those weeks. Sigh. Thanks for the comments though. I always really love hearing from all of you.

    I think overall I can boil down all my fears to one - I'm afraid of being unloveable and unloved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi 71, I honestly thought I had thousand's of fears. This is certainly something to think about. Thanks!

    Madison:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madison! It DOES seem like there are tons of issues at first blush, but everything in my life definitely revolves around that one fear. Now if I could only get control of that one thing . . .

      Delete