Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Saturday, July 20, 2013

2nd Day - 1st Update


5 comments:

  1. This is totally my type of OCD. For me, successful ERP with blasphemy looked like saying/thinking this: "My OCD is trying to make me think _________________." And then filling in the blank. Instead of just saying something outright blasphemous, I was just REPORTING that my OCD wanted me to think something blasphemous. Worked for me!

    Here's how it went down:
    http://jackieleasommers.com/2012/09/05/tipping-point-my-entry/

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're just the cutest ever on video, Sunns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Jackie, you're making me blush!

      Wow, that must have been a very scary experience for you to go through. Oh, how my heart breaks for my fellow OCD sufferers who struggle with intrusive thoughts. I can only imagine how painful it must be.

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh--- it's sooooooooo hard to just let the thoughts float on by..... it's so hard, Sunny!

    By the way, I love these Vlogs! I think more of us should do them. It makes me feel more connected to you and it's just really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I KNOW, Elizabeth - it IS so hard. But I guess practice makes perfect, and OCD sure gives us lots of opportunities for practice!

      I'm really happy that you enjoyed the videos so much!

      Delete