Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Friday, July 19, 2013

1st Day - 1st Update


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great session, and how cool to be able to work with experts like Grayson! Those quotes you read are awesome--please write them down for us sometime in a post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wish is my command, Tina! So glad you found them helpful.

      Delete
  2. I love the quotes. My therapist talks to me just about every session about living with uncertainty.

    Um.... you are so brave to get up in front of a session like that and role play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the quotes were meaningful to you, Elizabeth. I really loved them too.

      Don't know if I'm brave or not, but it was definitely an interesting experience. I think all the time I've spent on stage was certainly helpful!

      Delete
  3. Sunny,

    It was so nice running into you, and I was so proud of you for going up there during that workshop! After the talk, I overheard several individuals mention how they couldn't imagine having the courage to step up in front of that entire group and talk about their fears. Kudos to you!

    I also love the fact that you've made these video blogs -- it's a great way to capture some of the excitement of the conference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouragement, Dr. Seay, I really appreciate it so much!!

      I didn't realize you were in that workshop. Oh my. Well, I've had a lot of experience being on stage singing & acting, so that definitely came in handy that morning ha ha!

      The conference was exciting. I know a lot of my blogging friends were disappointed they couldn't come, so I was hoping to at least give them a small taste of it through the videos.

      Maybe I'll run into you again at next year's conference!

      Delete