Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Living With Me And My OCD: A Documentary

Anytime OCD gets talked about in the media, I'm always excited about the opportunity for more people to learn about the disorder. I'm even more excited when I know that the subject matter will be treated with intelligence and sensitivity.

Living With Me and My OCD is a documentary being made by Claire Watkinson, of the UK. Claire is also an OCD sufferer - which is why I'm just sure this documentary will be filled with honest stories of those who live with and triumph over this illness on a daily basis.

Like any project of this nature, a lot of funding is required to bring it to life. I've chosen to partner with Claire to help make this documentary a reality. You can be a part of this too. Claire is using a crowd funding campaign to raise the necessary funds. Even a small donation can go a long way. In fact, you can give as little as 3 British Pounds Sterling (equal to roughly 4.56 U.S. dollars) to receive a yellow "Living With Me and My OCD" wristband. There are 7 days left in this crowd funding campaign, and if you feel led to join, you may do so at this link: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/living-with-me-and-my-ocd.
Proudly wearing my yellow wristband!

It's so exciting to be a small part of this amazing project. I have such a desire to make a difference in the world of OCD, and to join with others who feel the same way is an incredible opportunity to do just that: make a difference.

10 comments:

  1. really exciting!! I'll look forward to its release even though I've not OCD. Because truth is because I do have mental illness too of another kind I've grown very sensitive to any and all other forms of illnesses of mental kind.
    You look fabulous wearing the yellow wristband!
    :))
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deanna! Oh, I agree - I don't have to have a particular illness to empathize with someone else's suffering either. I like to learn about others and the things they struggle with and I often find comfort and strength in their stories.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited about Claire's project, too. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the finished project, Tina!

      Delete
  3. Woo hoo Monique! This is awesomely exciting! Thank you for sharing! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Sunny. From what I've seen, Claire has done a fantastic job so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she has and I can't wait until it's completed!

      Delete