Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It Was A Fun Exposure


I went for my makeover on Friday. It did end up being fun, but it definitely was an exposure. Shortly after arriving for my makeover, the cosmetologist had me sit and wait for her while she gathered up the necessary cosmetics. I soon realized that she was grabbing all the makeup "testers" that were sitting on the counters in front of each item. Meaning, these were items that any customer could touch and sample for themselves - eye shadow, blush, face powder, eye liner [though she sanitized the eye liner with a special liquid] - you get the idea. I'm fairly certain that there are plenty of people that touch these items with their bare hands. Many times, I've seen young school girls in these stores playing around with makeup. So . . . that was not a fun discovery. But you know what? It's ok. I let her do the makeover and I was just fine. In fact, she did a "night-time" party look and I rather liked it. Could I catch something from this makeover? Yep, I sure could. Am I going to worry about it? No. I am making a firm decision to let this go and live with the uncertainty. Sometimes I can do this, and sometimes I can't. Right now, I can, so I will.

Ah, life sure is a lot more fun when I refuse to let OCD dictate to me.

Hi there!

20 comments:

  1. I love the look! How can you have a grown daughter? You look so young!

    Huge congrats on that exposure! I would be pretty freaked out by using tester makeup - nice double whammy exposure there. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes you could call it a "double whammy!" If I had realized that was going to happen ahead of time, I probably would have backed out. So it worked out ok.

      Delete
  2. Oh, you look so pretty! It's a very nice look, so natural and lovely!

    Good for you for going through with the exposure and for NOT letting OCD keep you from enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks!

      I'm glad I was able to enjoy it, plus I learned some new makeup tricks.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. After seeing all your beautiful photography on your blog, I suspect that you are pretty lovely!!

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous!!

    It's true... some days we can let things go and some days we can't but on the days we can, it's nice to actually "let it go."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth - you can't see it, but I think I'm blushing a little! Ha ha

      Strange how some days it is is easier than others, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. A great exposure and a great look.....all in all, a very good day, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW I am so proud of you Monique. You look beautiful. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you look simply lovely! I am so happy you went through with the makeover. Oh, and had fun. Sometimes the anxiety I feel anticipating these events or exposures is way more than what I feel actually going through them. Do you feel the same? It is way cool not to allow OCD to rob us of things we want to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I completely agree with you, Krystal Lynn. Very often, it's the anticipatory anxiety that makes things so much worse. I'm not sure why that is, but I struggle with it ALL the time. You'd think by now I'd remember that more. Yes, it is so cool when we beat OCD back and end up even having a good time in spite of it.

      Delete
  8. Hi Sunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    O it's been to long that I've not stopped by to visit and say hello, I don't like that!!

    YaY! You did it, and you're not to get anxious over it! Very good because the makeover FANTASTIC!!!! Are you sporting a strand of pink highlight? Look fun, do you like it? My mom actually said I should do up a little fun like that!!!

    Hey, you know as I don't have OCD, I really want to congratulate you because I have a quirk so bad about using others make-up to the point that I just can't, I won't do it. So kudos to you!! ...and from your previous post... this was a free make over too, right?

    ...what an interesting post "Brain & Behavior Research Foundation"
    Maybe they have something specfic to depression. gotta check them out.

    Hope you've had a great Sunday!
    God Bless, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deanna! So glad you stopped by. Yes, I am sporting a pink hair extension! I started wearing a hair extension last October for Breast Cancer Awareness, and I liked wearing it so much that I've been doing it ever since. I usually change the color and location up about once a month - I've had purple, blue, peach, pink - lots of fun stuff!

      Yes, it was a free makeover, which made it even better. I'm glad I did it too. It was a good ERP and I learned a few makeup tricks.

      Yes, do check out the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation - I'm fairly certain they have info on depression as well.

      God Bless to you too!

      Delete