Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Vet's Office

My poor Anna was shaking in fear at
her appointment.
Bringing Anna to the veterinarian is always a challenge for me. I actually hate going, because it feels like such a dirty place. It's really not. In fact, as vet hospitals go, this one is really quite clean looking and clean smelling. But still.

My little Anna has been under the weather for a few weeks. We suspect that her advanced age (15) is the culprit. Just to be safe, though, I took her in for a check. Unfortunately, at that same time, there was another animal that required emergency care. Between that, and Anna's blood-work, urinalysis, and x-ray, our appointment lasted longer than an hour and a half. This is a problem because it has been literally years since I've sat in a chair at the vet's office.

After about an hour of waiting in the exam room, my legs were really getting tired. Considering my last post on motivation, and also keeping in mind my fellow bloggers that continue working hard to fight their issues, I decided that it was time for me to sit in a chair at the vet's. So I did it. Guess what? As usual, it ended up being no big deal. Once I made the decision to do it, the difficult part was really over. In addition, I forced myself to hug Anna normally after the appointment even though I was afraid that she was somewhat contaminated too.

One more tiny victory.

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sunny, on sitting in the chair and beating back OCD! Good for you! I know that must not have been easy. But you did it anyway!

    I have some of the same fears about vets' offices. People doctors' office, too.

    I hope Anna is OK. Did the tests show anything? Our Sam is 16, and they do start to slow down as they get older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Anna is so beautiful! Our cats get really scared when they have to go to the vet's too.

      Delete
    2. Oh, it's so hard to look at her little body shaking! I feel so bad for her. They were able to see a lot of gas in her intestines on the x-ray, but that was about it. The vet did say that Anna looked kind of "out of it," which I totally agree with. We are waiting for the urinalysis, but I suspect this is just an old age thing. It could even be a tumor of some sort. Anna does seem a little peppier today, and she does not seem like she is any pain, so that is at least good.

      Delete
    3. As our Waddles got older, she would look kind of "out of it" sometimes. I think part of it was loss of earing and sight. She couldn't see or hear very well, and I think that isolated her, to some extent.

      Delete
  2. Good job Sunny. I have to agree that most of the time my fear is worse than the actual circumstances (OCD-related). I spend alot of time worrying when it ends up not so bad. I am sitting here with some contamination fears right now so I am glad I came to read your post..I needed a boost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so happy that my post could have been any little bit of help for you, Krystal Lynn! Good for you for fighting through something AGAIN!! I'll look forward to hearing about it.

      Delete
  3. Good job! I've been dealing with my own issues the last couple of days. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Kristina. It stinks, doesn't it? I hope your rough days come to an end and that you will find victory over it. You CAN do it! Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Good job! I hope your kitty checks out okay.
    Medical places are tough for OCD, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, Ann, for a whole host of reasons! Contamination, hyper-responsibility, you name it. Anna's doing a bit better today, although that seems to be the routine the last few weeks. A rough day or two, then several good days, followed by another rough day or two. I just don't want her to suffer. I'm really trying to take it one day at a time - which of course is a big challenge.

      Delete
  5. Yea Sunny!
    one more victory!
    Hope Anna feels better very soon ::sniff::sniff::
    It's hard to see our pets not feeling well.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanna. Yes, it's so sad to see my little girl not feeling like herself. The last couple of days though, she seems to have bounced back.

      Blessings to you too!

      Delete
  6. Anna looks beautiful! Hope she is feeling much better. That really is quite a large victory; I'm squeamish about the vet's office, and for someone with Contamination OCD that is a HUGE exposure. So glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the vet's office is kind of like 'Exposure City!" ha ha But it's certainly a good place to go if you want (or even don't really want!) to work on your obsessions.

      Anna does seem to be better right now, thanks. Yes Anna is beautiful, but then, isn't everyone named Anna beautiful?

      Delete
  7. Fantastic job, Sunny. Anna is darling. A 15 year old cat is in her 80's in human years. My heart goes out to you, I have had cats a good part of my life. Sending both of you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hug, Linda. I'll take it! Yep, I know my little girl is really an old lady but it sure is hard to remember that!

      Delete
  8. Hope little Anna feels better soon!

    Good for you for sitting in the chair! I'd probably just .... let my legs continue to hurt LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna does seem to have perked up a bit, so I'm very happy for that! You know, the hardest part was the time it took to make the decision to sit. All that back and forth in my mind. But once I sat, most of the anxiety just went away. That sure was a relief.

      Delete
  9. Oh, is she beautiful, Sunny! I hope nothing major is going on with Anna's health. And good for you for pushing yourself. No way could I stand in the same place for an hour :) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet. Her last test came back today and it came back negative so that is good news. She had a pretty good day today, so that is good news too. I think it's old age. Not too much I can do about that, but just try to make her comfortable and enjoy her for the time she has left.

      Delete
  10. What a beauty Anna is! A Himalayan? I hope she's doing better. Good for you, facing your discomfort so you can comfort her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jean! Actually, Anna is a Ragamuffin - but she looks VERY much like either a Himalayan or a Birman.

      Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, she is doing better. She seems to be going through a cycle of being sick, then being well, then being sick again. I think it's old age. : (

      Delete