Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Gray Day, Silver Lining

If you look underneath the sun catcher,
just to the left, you will see my
little friend flying away.
I've been sitting at church for a few hours just doing a bit of ministry work. Well, ok, and reading a few of your blogs! It is a gray, cold, sleety type of day. Kind of depressing to be honest with you. However, outside my window, I noticed this sweet little birdie just darting to and fro around a tree. He (or she!) has also been joined by several pals and they are playing with each other. I don't know. Something about watching those little guys just makes my heart smile and reminds me that God's goodness is to be found everywhere. Even on gray days.



14 comments:

  1. Sunny, thank you for sharing God's blessings that you found today. I love watching birds! It amazes me what they can do.

    What kind of ministry work are you doing? (if you'd like to share)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Tina!

      I'm involved in a few different teams (like trying to come up with creative elements for our services, the audio team, stuff like that). Mostly stuff having to do with the technical and creative parts of putting together worship services. Recently, I've also started helping my worship pastor administratively. I really love being involved in all of this and I'm very grateful that I get these opportunities.

      Delete
  2. Good for you for noticing the birds, Sunny. So many times I forget to slow down and take in all the beauty around me. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Janet. Honestly, I wouldn't have probably thought to take the time to look at the birds either, but they were just darting around so much in front of the window it was a little hard to miss. Maybe God was just trying to get my attention!

      Delete
  3. This is so true, and so glad you noticed the birds. It is snowing here in Montreal today, and looking for beauty in the dreariest of times is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help to look for beauty doesn't it, Linda? I don't know about you but I am TOTALLY over winter by now!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE to bird watch!
    My neighbor was so sweet to build for us a little bird house and a bird feeder. We've had it for about 2 years or so now. We have TONS of sparrows who have made their homes between my trees and our neighbor's and we have had sparrow family after sparrow family that come to nest in our bird house to raise their babies!
    ... I love those dreary days, maybe it's because we don't have to many of them here in HOT sun shiney Florida :)
    ~God Bless you!
    PS- I can see your little birdie flying in your picture:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deanna! What a kind neighbor you have. How nice that you have been able to watch generations of bird families grow.

      I actually can understand why you would like a gray day now and then. I love the sun, but even I would get bored if it was like that here every single day.

      God bless you too!

      Delete
  5. This reminds me of something I read this morning, it was worded really pretty and i cant remember now but basically said that beauty can be found everywhere but often we don't allow ourselves to be aware of it. Glad you saw the bird and it lifted you up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did lift me up and I'm sure glad I saw it too, Krystal Lynn. Sometimes I have to look for beauty a little harder than other times, but it is always worth it. Plus, I find that it forces me to slow down and become more mindful of my surroundings.

      Delete
  6. Glad you had the sweet bird to observe. I have two. A cockatiel and a parakeet. Both entertain me. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet you have lots of fun watching your birds, JBR. I don't have a lot of experience with birds as pets, but I do find they are always so much fun when I do get a chance to interact with them a little.

      Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad the birds helped cheer you up! And hopefully the sun will come out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abigail! Actually, the sun did come out a little this weekend. Although it was a bit cool, but it was nice to see the rain mostly come to an end.

      Delete