Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Call Me Crazy: A Five Film by Lifetime Television

This coming Saturday, April 20th, at 8/7 Central, the subject of mental illness will be getting the Lifetime Movie treatment. "Call Me Crazy: A Five Film" is a portrayal of five short stories, each focusing on a person with mental illness. This is a sort of second installment of a movie first shown a few years ago by Lifetime Television entitled, "Five." In the original "Five," the topic of breast cancer was examined, again in five short stories of five different women. I did watch it and I thought it was a compassionate look at the devastation of living with breast cancer. I am hoping that "Call Me Crazy" will display the same empathy and sensitivity towards its subject matter. In particular, this new movie will explore Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, PTSD, and Depression.

I am happy to see that on Lifetime's "Call Me Crazy" webpage, there is a tab for resources and a link to NAMI is listed under that tab. I am also pleased that mental illness is getting some airtime, and I sure hope it starts some interesting conversations in the general public. As someone who suffered in silent, shameful agony with mental illness for many years, I believe these conversations are long overdue.


15 comments:

  1. Wow! ,,, I don't watch the tv much, but we do have it and have cable, So maybe (if I can remember) I'll watch too.
    Sometimes when I've seen things about this topic it has stirred me up not so good, and my heart sinks.
    I hope like you that it won't paint a sad simpathetic picture, nor focus on the bleakest part implying that all choose suicide.
    (Ugh, sorry to be negative here)

    ... I want to see the movie
    Silver Linings Play Book
    I would like to see the tv series
    Homeland (main charactor suffers bipolar,, even needing ECT treatment)
    but that comes on the etra cable channels that we don't have.

    Thanks for sharing this info.
    And want to say thanks for your encouragement in comments you bless me with at my blog. Always love to have you visit:)
    ~Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree Deanna, sometimes watching these types of things do end up being upsetting for me too. Oh, I want to see Silver Linings Playbook as well! I've heard good things about it. I did not know about the character in Homeland. It would certainly be interesting to see how the main character is treated. I've been wanting to see that show anyway, now even more so. Thanks for the positive recommendation, Middle Child!

      Oh, I'm so happy to hear that any thing I say might be of encouragement to you. Makes my heart smile to know that. : )

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this, Sunny. I am putting it on my reminder app on my phone to remind me to watch it!! I will be interested in how mental illness is portrayed, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Tina! I only just found out about it yesterday and so I was wondering if anyone else had heard about it either. It does seem as if the original "Five" move got more advertisement, but I could be wrong about that.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the heads up, Sunny. I will try to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to fight my husband for the tv-long stupid story-but you can bet I will be watching this. Thank-you soooo much for letting us know about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha - well, Middle Child, sometimes my hubby and I have to compete for the tv too!! You are sooo very welcome!!!

      Delete
  5. Awesome! I'll have to remember to check this out. I love Lifetime.... too much! IN fact, yesterday, my therapist had to remind me that most people's lives are NOT Lifetime movies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a HUGE fan of Lifetime Movie Network. In fact, if you come into my house at any time and turn on the tv I'm sure it has usually been left on the channel for LMN! Something about those "damsel in distress" movies! Ha I don't know. Just love them too much as well. In fact, people tease me about that. ha ha

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Always happy to share, JBR. Blessings to you too!

      Delete
  7. Definitely looking forward to catching a rerun. I was at a wedding this weekend and had to miss it. Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed it too. I hope they will run it again really soon. I guess you could say I'm stuck in the dark ages as I don't have a DVR! I do have a recordable DVD player but I've never been able to figure out how to use it. : (

      Delete