Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston

I took this photo in Boston last
November on a shopping trip.
I live roughly an hour north of Boston. A beloved family member of mine lives in the city. My husband continues to receive bi-monthly infusions in Boston for IBD, and Boston was also where I received excellent treatment for OCD. Essentially, we are in and out of Boston literally all of the time. Thankfully, my relative is safe. He happened to be working at home today, and not in the heart of the city, where he would usually be found on a Monday afternoon. Talk about Godly intervention.

This is very surreal. Usually it seems like these things happen in "some other city." Today, sadly, Boston was that "some other city" and my heart is heavy for all of those who lost loved ones, and for those victims who were injured (some very seriously, including lost limbs and severe burns, etc.). God have mercy on us all.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV

8 comments:

  1. I heard about what happened there, and many Montrealers were there. Very sad. This is a beautiful photo, it almost reminds me of downtown Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So heartbreaking. I hope everyone you know is ok.

      You're right Linda, that photo is reminiscent of downtown Montreal, isn't it? I hand't noticed that before.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your relative is OK. Thank you for sharing the scripture.

    Lord have mercy on us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart breaks for Boston & our country. I imagine it really hits home when it is so close and/or your city. I know doing a terrorist act is madness but I cannot help but wonder who can do such an act. If we could all, as a world, just reach out and help one another we could accomplish so much. This accomplishes nothing. I am sad. Glad you and your family are safe and prayers for all are in my heart and mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolute madness, isn't it, Krystal Lynn? I really can't wrap my mind around these types of things. I just don't know what runs through the minds of some people and how these types of acts can be justified in those minds. I'm so grateful for the hope I have in Jesus, because honestly, if I didn't have that, I don't know how I could keep functioning in this world.

      Delete
  4. I am a Bostonian, growing up and living most of my life in the area...my daughter was working downtown when the bombs went off and walked eight miles home to her apartment because she was afraid to get on the subway. Not what I want for my children. Thank you for your prayers, Sunny. I try to focus on the incredible people who risked their own lives to help those who were injured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so sorry, Janet! I'm sure this has hit you hard. I'm so incredibly glad your daughter is ok, but how horrible that she had to go through that!

      Yes, yes, I agree - we must focus on all the wonderful people who stepped up to help others. Even now, there are thousands upon thousands of dollars being raised to care for the injured. Those are the things that are worth thinking about - but of course, it's not always so easy to let go of the scary and sad things.

      Delete