Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Guess What I Got In The Mail?

Believe it or not, it's already time to start thinking about the next International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation annual conference! I have attended two different conferences and I highly recommend going. It is a great opportunity to meet fellow OCD sufferers and to learn from some of the most highly respected OCD therapists and researchers in the country (maybe even the world!). In addition, there are several support groups available during the conference weekend.

I received a notice in the mail this week from the IOCDF about this year's conference. It will be held in Atlanta, Georgia, on July 19-21. The IOCDF has also created a website (www.ocd2013.org) to share up to date information about the conference.


Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone was interested. Have a nice day y'all. (That is supposed to be my "Atlanta" accent. ha ha)

10 comments:

  1. Dear one I am so glad you have opportunities to go to these functions. Encouragement alike. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you too, JBR. These conferences are really wonderful - it's great that the OCD community has this organization.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. It sounds like a wonderful event. I hope I can go this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up,Sunny. I just put it on the calendar. Not sure why I didn't get any info in the mail :( I'm hoping to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is strange that you didn't get the flyer, Janet. Are you an IOCDF member?

      Delete
  4. I may go this year. Atlanta is only 5 hours from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool, Elizabeth. You wouldn't even have to pay for an airfare!

      Delete