Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week


Advocacy for Crohn's and Colitis is near and dear to my heart as my husband lives with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Thankfully, because of bi-monthly infusions, he remains in full remission and his life is hardly impacted by this terrible illness. Unfortunately, many people are unable to enjoy the kind of remission that my husband has been blessed with. They continue to live with symptoms that make it difficult to live a normal life. If you, or someone you love, is afflicted with Crohn's or Colitis, I highly recommend that you visit the excellent website maintained by the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. Here's to your good health!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My pleasure, JBR. Thanks for your interest. Hugs back at ya!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry your husband suffers from this, but I'm glad he's in remission. Thank you for sharing this important information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind concern, Tina. I'm sure glad he's in remission too. : )

      Delete
  3. Glad your husband is doing so well. As you said, this is not always the case. I have several family members and friends afflicted with Crohn's and it is a horrible disease. Thank you for helping to spread awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet. I'm so sorry about your friends and family members. From what I understand, it is not unusual to have it run in families. I think it is suspected that there is a genetic component. We do consider ourselves very blessed that my husband's symptoms are almost completely gone.

      Delete
  4. I am so happy that your husband is in remission and doing well. My best friend has Crohn's and has has some serious setbacks including hospitalizations. I will check the site out and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you talking about your friend in a previous post, Krystal Lynn. I'm very sorry that she's not doing so great. But she's lucky to have such a caring friend as you!

      Delete
  5. What a miserable disease. So glad you're husband is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miserable is definitely a good way of putting it, Jean. I had heard of it years ago and it sounded terrible, but it wasn't until I witnessed it first hand that I understood how devastating it could be on one's day to day life.

      Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  6. It is good to highlight this Sunny as many people live with the disease and it affects daily life. Too often if you don't wear a plaster cast people do not appreciate how badly you can be affected by these conditions. I am glad your husband can be in remission. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your well wishes! Yes, you are right - this is another illness that until it is extremely bad it can often be hidden from view. Yet, it impacts daily life as much as any other illness.

      Smiles to you too! : )

      Delete
  7. My dear friend suffers Crohn's Disease. Bless her heart she is now facing a dificiency of vitamin (though she eats well) but because of this illness it's so hard for her to absorb the nutrients as a results she has tooth breakings.

    Hoping always stays in remission!!!

    God Bless him and you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, Deanna - I really feel for your friend. That is awful! That is one of the really bad side effects of having Crohn's - vitamin deficiency. When my husband was going through his flare, his sense of smell was off significantly, and we found out later that it was because of malnutrition. I sure hope your friend finds something soon that works for her and improves her health.

      God bless you too.

      Delete