Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, in the United States, we are celebrating the holiday of Thanksgiving. This is a day for us to get together with friends and family to eat a large feast and to thank God for everything He has blessed us with. There are so many people and things I am thankful for, that if I listed them, there would not be enough room on this blog. So I'm going to list just one thing I'm thankful for: you! Thank you for reading, commenting, and being so supportive. If you, or someone you love, suffers from an anxiety disorder or depression, I want you to know that I am praying for you right now as I type this. God Bless You.

Beautiful autumn mums.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Ps 118:1 NASB


My sweet potato casserole.

12 comments:

  1. Blessings to you and yours on this Thanks Giving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JBR! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. : )

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth - Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

      Delete
  3. I hope you and yours have had a wonderful Thankgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time, thanks. Hope you did too, Tina!!

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Sunny. I hope it was a great day surrounded by those you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a wonderful time, thank you, Janet. I sure hope you did too!

      Delete
  5. Sunny, I'm so thankful for your blog.

    And that sweet potato casserole looks amazing! Glad to see you are also a member of the pecan topping club. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Anna! I'm thankful for your blog too!

      Oh of course, it's not sweet potato casserole without pecans! I got the recipe from a friend years and years ago, and it's still the best recipe I've tasted.

      Delete
  6. What a sweet Thanksgiving post :)
    Hope you had a good holiday!
    God Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God Bless you too, Deanna! Yes, thank you, I've had a wonderful, blessed weekend with my family. I truly could not ask for anything more. : ) Hope it was just as special for you.

      Delete