Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Little Things


Do you ever feel like you have no impact on the world or on people around you? Does what you do not meet up with your expectations of yourself? Sometimes, I get what I call "visions of grandeur." You know, ideas that I "should" be doing this incredible thing or that. I was recently reminded by someone I love that anything that I do does not have to be big and splashy in order to be worthwhile. I just need to keep plugging away, trying to serve God right where I am, and hopefully making a little difference in my tiny corner of the world.

Don't minimize the seemingly "little things" you do. Illness (mental and/or physical) may limit the scope and breadth of the things you do, but that doesn't mean that it limits the impact on others.

God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love.-Mother Teresa www.inspirationpeak.com

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16 ESV

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reminder, Sunny. I needed this! Sometimes I feel like the little things I do don't have an impact and I need to be doing "more."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, you've had an impact on me! You were one of the first people (maybe even THE first one) who started commenting and supporting and encouraging me when I started this blog. I will forever remember and appreciate all of your kind words and support.

      Delete
  2. I think there's definitely a mind shift that has to happen when you can't DO as much as you used to or want to or think you should be doing. Those little things count. I've had to change my perspective about things like that and realize that I have value even if I can't do anything and my little efforts count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - you DO indeed have value! The thing is, when you struggle with medical issues, it's so much harder to do these so called little things - in reality they are big things because of all the extra effort it takes to do them.

      Delete
  3. Yes! I feel like from time to time and it isn't a good feeling at all. "Visions of grandeur" never heard it put like that but I get it.

    I'm at a new blog hoping you can visit when you have some time.
    www.theheartshunger.blogspot.com

    God bless you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna. Yep, I suspect a lot of us feel like that at least some of the time.

      Will definitely visit your new blog!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sunny. I definitely feel this way a lot! That's part of what I was feeling when I wrote my post yesterday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jean. Yep - I know. You were one of the people I was thinking of when I wrote this post. : ) Then I realized that I was feeing the same way about stuff too. Ugh. Then I got reminded that it's not the size of the stuff I do. It's who I do it for (God!). And I do believe that He'll talk care of the positive impact on others.

      By the way, hope you feel better soon. Definitely feel your pain on this one.

      Delete
  5. Judging by the other comments, I think most people feel this way, at least now and then. At least I do. Thanks for reminding us that even our seemingly small efforts matter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunny, all the time. Just recently I have been blessing some people with the little I do have, and I get that good feeling that the Lord talks about when we help others. Thank you for this timely message. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JBR, I'm so glad that you recognize that God works through you even in seemingly small things. Your blog has been a blessing to me and believe me, there is nothing small or little about it!

      Delete
  7. Sunny this is such an appropriate post for me to comment on because as you say you don't know the impact you have for good on others. I wanted to thank you because your comment on my post I'm worn out, helped me very much. So you see you are having a positive impact with you just being you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are so sweet! I'm so glad that it was at all helpful.

      Your writing is so beautiful and blesses all who read it. Thank YOU.

      Delete