Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Another Favorite

Because I'm running the sound equipment this week at church, and I was at rehearsal the other night, I already know the song list for the worship time that will take place during services later this morning. Hmmm . . . I guess I better get to sleep considering I have to get up in 5 hours. In any case, the song, "Praise is the Offering," written by Sion Alford, Shannon Alford, and Glenn Packiam, will be sung at my church this morning. This is another one of my favorite songs. I thought I would share it with you.

This is a version performed by Gateway Worship, with the lead singing done by Sion Alford. Hope it puts a smile on your face!



Come and let us sing for joy
Let us praise and shout aloud
To the lifter of our heads
To the Rock we’re standing on
Your salvation is our song
Now we can’t stay silent we will sing how

Great is Your love for us
And great are the things You’ve done
And praise is the offering we bring to You

Lord we come to worship You
Lord we bow our hearts in awe
By Your love we are redeemed
We are Yours and You’re our God
Your salvation is our song
Now we can’t stay silent we will sing how

Great is Your love for us
And great are the things You’ve done
And praise is the offering we bring to You

All of our heart and soul
And all that You are and more
And praise is the offering we bring to You

Lord we come to worship You
Lord we bow our hearts in awe
By Your love we are redeemed
We are Yours and You’re our God
We are Yours and You’re our God
We are Yours and You’re our God

Great is Your love for us
And great are the things You’ve done
And praise is the offering we bring to You

All of our heart and soul
And all that You are and more
And praise is the offering we bring to You

6 comments:

  1. You and I are on the same page with Worship. In fact every Sonday morning I meet my prayer partner at church and we worship during the rehersal of the band before the service. We are praying for revival for our church and our city! Gatewood worship is fantastic. The Spirit really moving. Have a blessed Sonday my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you call it "Sonday!" How cool that you pray for your city and church each week like that. I agree, Gateway has some great stuff. I hope your Sonday has been/continues to be great!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful song. I think I may have already told you this, but I'm not sure. We are at a country church with a very traditional worship style. I think we have stalled growing and going contemporary or at least incorporating some contemp. music into the service would help us grow. My husband is the president of our church and he is trying to get things rolling, people seem excited about it but being excited and getting it done can be far apart. I bet your church is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, change is VERY hard. For individuals and groups. And, not everyone relates to the same type of music, which is why it's great that there are different styles of churches. But, I think you are right, overall a lot of people do seem to connect with more contemporary music. Good luck in implementing those changes.

      I have to admit, the people in my church ARE amazing. I'm so blessed.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful song, Sunny! I enjoyed it. Do you sing as part of the worship team sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, Tina.

      Yes, I sing background vocals (harmonies) on a rotating basis. My hubby also plays bass, electric guitar, has occasionally played cello, and even once played acoustic guitar. That's one of the reasons I love either singing or working audio, cause I get to do ministry with him.

      Delete