Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Second Day In Chicago

What a great (and long) day! Probably my favorite part was the scrupulosity support group I attended this evening. I literally wept tears of relief when I heard what the group leader had to say about my issues concerning spiritual perfection and the whole "mental illness vs. spiritual failing" controversy plaguing many Christians with OCD. You can be sure I will write more about this very soon.

We topped the day off by stopping at Rick Bayless' restaurant, Xoco, to pick up one of the most indulgent cups of hot chocolate I have ever had. Xoco has the coco beans delivered straight to the restaurant, where they grind them on premises. Wow. Even though it's hot and humid here, I just couldn't resist. Yum!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad the scurpulosity support group was so helpful! I will be looking forward to reading more about it. It sounds like something that would definitely help me.

    The hot chocolate sounds divine. Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tina, that support group alone was worth the price of admission. I feel so incredibly blessed to be here.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait till you write about it. I don't have scrupulosity but I think any guidance they have will be able to transferred to almost any component of OCD so no doubt it will be helpful and interesting. I feel like you are there to be our correspondent. lol I am really envious of your hot chocolate...I guess my next trip to Chicago I will have to put that on my list for a thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, Krystal Lynn! Yep, that's me, I'm the reporter on the scene. Although we have to get Tina to come next time. She's the REAL reporter.

      That hot chocolate was soooo rich! My husbands chocolate mocha was pretty amazing too.

      I need to get my head together and to process everything,but I will definitely write about the scrupulosity stuff soon.

      Delete
    2. You're doing a great job as reporter, Sunny!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read what you have to report about scrupulosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to do a little research first, so I'm hoping to have the post up by next weekend.

      Delete