Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Safe Arrival In The Land Of Deep Dish Pizza

The flight is only 2 1/2 hours from NH. The flight was a little bumpy but thankfully we arrived ahead of some forecasted thunderstorms. As is usual, I've already encountered a few ERP's. We had to take our shoes off at security at the Manchester Airport. I was wearing flip flops, so I had to walk around barefoot. Yucky! My husband said, "How fitting, considering where we are going." Uh huh. Then, in the bathroom at Midway, there was a cleaning lady pushing a mop all around me while I was washing my hands at the sink. You can bet I kept the movement of that mop in my peripheral vision the entire time! But hey, that's life, I guess! We're now on the El, on the way to check into our hotel. I'm a little anxious about bed bugs. That is to be expected though. Until later!

Please excuse the messy formatting. It's a bit difficult typing this from my phone.

9 comments:

  1. ERPs already--yep, rather appropriate! Sounds like you're handling them fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the whole conference is just going to be one ERP... When I came off the L today.. it started a major freak out about contamination from where I was sitting and touching... I wanted to wash but did not! I did use hand sanitizer like 30 minutes later... but that was before eating... so it was a legit excuse! I was going to go to one of the support groups tonight... but I've been up since 3:30am to catch my first flight today at 5:30... so I'm a bit tired... Maybe we will bump into each other tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brooke! I didn't realize you were coming to the conference too! I hope we do bump into each other. I'm sorry you had a rough time riding the subway today. I get it though, because they are not exactly the cleanest form of transportation.

      Delete
    2. yup! I'll be there! :) I'm I think I'm gonna put Brooke under parenthesis of my actual name on my name tag... just in case I see you or others from the blog sphere!

      Delete
  3. You are so far ahead of me :-) Going to the movies in a strange city, getting on an airplane, staying in a hotel... be proud of yourself, Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, I bet you have a lot of things where you are way ahead too. We all have areas where we make good progress. Don't sell yourself short!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm going to see if I can get a slice tomorrow!

      Delete