Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Conference Update

I am doing much better today. Last night was rough, but I believe it was a combination of fatigue, being in a new environment, and forgetting to take my medication on Wednesday. Oops.

I have surprised myself at how many formerly "contaminated" items I've been able to touch in the hotel room. Also, many times in the past I would buy travel size toiletries to take with me on trips, so that I could throw them out and not have to bring them home. This time, I brought items that I will not throw away, including all of my makeup. The best part is that I've come so far, that the obsessions about my makeup being dirty did not really concern me. I'm choosing to ignore them.

The conference is going really well. I'm learning some wonderful new information. Not only that, but I bought five new books and I can't wait to get started on them. I'll be sure to let you know about any especially helpful books.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day too. God bless!

11 comments:

  1. Good for you for doing so well with the former "contaminated" objects! I obsess about those things, too, and have thrown away whole bottles of shampoo.

    Five books already--you'll have a stack by the time this is over! :-) I would be doing the same thing--love new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your encouragement means so much to me, Tina. Thank you! Yes, I have thrown away full bottles of all kinds of stuff. Sigh. All we can do is keep trying. : )

      Delete
  2. lol I bought 4 new books! One for my parents though lol... and I got one signed by the author and had a wonderful conversation with her! I'm so pooped lol. I got a lot of information really quickly and learned a lot! There really isn't much left today to interest me, so I'm taking the rest of the day to decompress and digest everything I learned. I would stay for the support groups tonight... but I'm by myself at the conference and a bit nervous about taking on the Chicago public transit by myself at night... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brooke! So glad you're having a good time too. It IS a lot to take in all at once. It will probably take in. It will probably take a few weeks forme to digest it all.

      They did have a good selection of books, didn't they? Loved that.

      I don't blame you for not wanting to go out alone tonight.

      Here's to tomorrow!

      Delete
    2. I was thinking the same thing today on my ride home, I am going to need some major time to digest everything I've learned at the conference! It was awesome meeting you, hope you're doing well back home!

      Delete
    3. Hey Lolly! It was great meeting you too! : ) Hope you had a pleasant trip home.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful! Glad you are doing well despite forgetting your medicine oneday ... I know how crucial that can be.
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deanna. Yep, I really have to pay better attention to my medication struggle. Blessings to you too!

      Delete
    2. Meant to say "schedule" not "struggle." Stupid autocorrect!

      Delete
  4. Oh new books! yay!

    Good for you for not taking toiletries that you will throw out. I do that too.... throw them away I mean ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, I cannot tell you how many items I have thrown away over the years. I hate it. Such a waste. It feels good to bring stuff home and use it again. I even took my clean jeans out of my suitcase and wore them today. I can't remember the last time I ever did that. Years and years. I literally can't remember when that was.

      Delete