Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

One Minute In Time - Part Two




It is true that one minute in time can be life changing. Generally, I'm drawn to think about all the negative things that can happen in one minute. However, some of the comments to my previous post got me thinking. Life is filled with wonderful things too. I so want to focus on the good in life. There really is a lot of good, in spite of living with an anxiety disorder.

One minute I'm not a parent, the next minute, I'm a mom. One minute, I'm not a college graduate, the next minute I'm holding a degree. One minute, I'm a single woman, the next minute I'm married. One minute my husband is unemployed, the next minute he has a great new job. One minute, I have no direction for my life, the next minute I'm following Jesus. One minute, I'm not a pet owner, the next minute I'm the proud mama of a fluffy kitty. One minute, I'm deep in the pit of anxiety, the next minute I realize I might actually be starting to get better.

One minute. Life can also change for the better.

10 comments:

  1. One minute indeed can lead to good things. Thanks for this, Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Here's hoping that one minute brings you wonderful things in your life!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this post... I often go straight to the negative outcomes in my mind. It is good to be reminded of the positives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, you and I both!! It's just a natural tendency in me and I have to work so incredibly hard at looking at the positive. I'm finding though, that with a lot of practice, it is getting easier.

      Delete
  4. I can still remember the minute I found out I was pregnant with my first, second and third child, a life changing minute each time and I was so excited I could hardly contain myself from jumping up and down. Also the first time I saw my future husband, it just stands out in my mind how I was supposed to give him a message from my friend, I tapped him on his back to get his attention, he turned around and gave me this huge smile. It was the first time I had ever seen or talked to him and I remember that as if it were yesterday. Those lovely moments that change our lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing those memories, Krystal Lynn. They made me smile just reading about them! So very sweet. : )

      Delete
  5. Yes!!! Let's focus on all the wonderful events in our lives that have given us such great "afters"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually surprised at all the wonderful life changing things that happened when I listed them all. In fact, there were a lot more wonderful things than truly bad things. Hmmm. . . I'll have to be thinking about that for a while!

      Delete