Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Update

I've spoken to my husband and he says he is making good progress in cleaning the basement. I've not questioned him about anything, and believe it or not, it's been remarkably easy not to. I'm so distracted by being out of town that I'm not thinking about it too much. We'll see what happens when I get home.

I was full of anxiety yesterday because of the traveling, lack of sleep, flying, and staying in a new location. I was also (and am still a bit) full of guilt for going on a trip while my hubby has to stay home, work all day, and then work on the basement. I feel like a bad wife. I'm very scared that he will exhaust himself and that it will cause a flare of his Crohn's Disease. He assures me it will not.  However, at this point, the plan is already being implemented and all I can do is pray for him.

On another note, I'm kind of excited. When I was in the airport, I used the restroom and even brought my rolling luggage into the stall with me as I didn't want to leave it unattended. To the best of my recollection, I have NEVER done that before (well at least not since the OCD has been so horrific in the last 16 years). In fact, in the past, if I traveled alone, I would skip using the restroom altogether rather than risk contaminating my luggage.

I'm looking forward to the future for the first time in a long time. That's still hard to believe. I'm also looking forward to getting caught up with everyone else's blog posts when I get back, so keep writing!

5 comments:

  1. Sunny, I am so happy for you, that you are looking forward to the future. That is so wonderful! That points to so much hard work and progress on your part.

    Good for you for taking the luggage into the restroom. I have that same problem! But you did something you haven't done in ages, if ever. Congrats!

    Enjoy your time away. I'll include you and your husband in my prayers!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tina, thank you so much for your prayers! Just think, soon it will be you writing about some victories over OCD and I can't wait to hear (and cheer) about them. I don't remember if I've told you this yet, but I'm very proud of you for going to therapy.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I have my next session on Friday. My doctor had a cancellation and I was able to get the appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also so happy for you that you are looking forward to the future!

    Elizabeth-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Elizabeth! It's something that I never thought would happen again, so I'm enjoying every moment of it. : )

      Delete