Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Monday, January 9, 2012

One More Tiny Step Against OCD

I have not worn regular coats in several years. Part of the reason is that I get very hot in them and uncomfortable. The other (and the main reason) is that regular coats are not very washable. After a few washes they start to look worn out and old. Instead, I have worn little fleece jackets. I have several of them in different colors. They are very washable. Usually I wash them after one wear as I feel they are contaminated. I have however, had a few successes in this department lately.

Over Christmas break I wore the same fleece jacket every day for a week. I never hung the jacket back up in my closet though. I just left it on a chair in the living room until I was ready to wear it the next day. Tonight however,  I was out and dropped my jacket onto the floor and partially onto a garbage can. Boy did that send a shock wave through my system. It is amazing how quickly adrenaline can flood your body. Afterwards, I was encouraged by others to wear the jacket anyway. I did put it back on, and the best part is that when I got home I actually hung it up in my closet, with all of my other clothes. One more tiny step against OCD.

8 comments:

  1. That's a big step! For the coat to not just touch the floor, but a garbage can--you did great to put it back on! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina. I definitely don't think I could have done it if I had not been encouraged by others who were there, but thankfully they were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! I've read most of your posts and I see how hard you work at beating OCD. Very inspiring.

      Delete
  4. Oh, you'll never believe what happened today. I was eating lunch with my husband in a restaurant. It was raining outside, and the floor around and under the table seemed slick. Anyway, I don't know how it happened, but my coat slipped off the seat beside me and went under the table. Ewwwww!!! I pulled it out, gave it a look over, and thought about you. And I put my coat on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina - that was totally awesome. I have to tell you that is about one of the nicest compliments I ever got! Thank you so much for sharing that. I often think about what all of you other wonderful bloggers are doing too and it encourages me to try harder.

      Delete
  5. I am SO proud of you!!! These are such great steps in the right direction! Praise God!

    Jackie from Lights All Around

    ReplyDelete