Why "71º & Sunny?"

I consider 71º to be the perfect temperature. Not too cold and not too hot. I also love perfect sunny days. The vast majority of days are not 71º & Sunny and yet, all days were created by God's hand and they are still gifts, even if they don't fit my ridiculous definition of perfection. My struggle with OCD has at times imprisoned me in an impossible attempt to achieve perfection. I'm now learning to love all kinds of days that don't even come close to 71º & Sunny.

Please leave me a comment below. I really want to know what you are thinking!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Contaminated Christmas Cards

I'm sending out Christmas cards tomorrow. Better late than never I guess. The problem is that I was worried about making the cards dirty because I think I am dirty. I worry I will make others sick. My husband said I should send them anyway, that it was just OCD. They are now all filled out and ready to be mailed tomorrow. If any of my friends or family are reading this - I hope you enjoy contaminated Christmas cards! I wonder how many of the cards that are sent to me are contaminated . . . hmmmm.

8 comments:

  1. I hear you. Keep telling yourself, it's the OCD. If I think too much about what might be contaminated--or what IS contaminated--I have the same thoughts as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the warning. I will enjoy your contaminated Crhstiams card because it comes from you. Guess what - I'm pretty sure all Christmas cards or any other mail will be contaminated because it has been touched by a person - so go for it. It's part of being alive. PTL.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha. Isn't just like a mom to think your contaminated cards are good?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Tina and your Mom! Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anxious Gal! They've already been brought to the post office!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact that you were brave enough to do this. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dr. Seay! I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete